Lost & Found

 I've been away for a while doing soul work and for whatever reason, call it serendipity or just doors opening and closing, I stumbled upon my old blog. Revisiting it was like coming home. The anticipation of everything I expected it to be but didn't happen, accompanied also with the fact I've grown so much since then and the realization of it's what needed to happen in its own way. Not forced by me or anyone else.

Since my last post here I have become a Reiki Master, something that I do besides my other job. (The image below is a shameless plug for my IG account - click on it and please follow.) Found my way out of the darkness. Cleaned up my life and simplified it even more than I thought I already had. Got rid of the things that no longer served me and perhaps never did. The truth is the journey is never over and it is a road we follow till the day we die.  I use reiki at work, every day, on clients and staff if they ask or someone mentions it to them. The girls at work act as if I have a magical power but I don't.


I have returned back home to Hawaii. While I was grateful for the time on the mainland I was more than happy to return home. But now the tides have shifted once again and I can taste change in the air. I'm not sure which way it will take me but I trust it will take me exactly where I need to be.

I haven't picked up the proverbial pen to write, approxiamately eight years and yet I feel the ache and longing to do so. To mark the occasion I purchased a fountain pen and a bottle of Noodlers Ink from Pen Boutique. I had to dumb down my first selection in fountain pens because while my taste runs in the thousands of dollars I could not afford nor justify the first pen I was drooling over (the price tag was $5965.00), I almost choked but happily settled for one that was more in my price range, the Pilot Kakuno Fountain Pen ( a mere $13.50 perfect for beginners.) Though now I realize the ink I purchased may not be compatible with the writing instrument I purchased but I regress. In the digital age, I hunger for putting things on actual paper. It is a lost art I fear. We write with plastic pens but not for anything of substantial value. When was the last time you penned something? Wrote a letter? I want to write a story on paper with a pen that the average joe doesn't write with. Yes, I may have to transfer that to my laptop but the act of writing on paper is my way of slowing down and absorbing the process. It is my way of grounding down. Don't get me wrong — I love my laptop and the convenience of it. Balance is key.

When I'm not busy offering reiki, making made attempts to write or paint I can be found at Drybar Hawaii. Where it's just a blow out. It's a concept men don't necessarily comprehend but one that women understand and get. I've had women question the relevancy of it but after one blow out, the light goes on. As I get older its a concept and a luxury I enjoy. I have few luxuries that I indulge in but this is one that I do, thank god I work for them because honestly, I wouldn't do it. It's a complete abuse of power. When I go into work I try to find who needs work on their blow outs so I can have one. Don't worry I make sure they are compensated. 

I'm an avid listener of Rich Roll's podcast introduced to me by Scott Estrada a health coach that I worked with when I was a magazine editor for Standup Paddle Magazine and Samata Magazine. He's been fantastic at coaching me through health issue and alternative solutions (Scott that is.) One day I was listening to and episode of Rich with Darin Olien. My curiosity was peaked because due to being stuck at home, on furlough from work I've been doing a lot of Netflix and I saw the preview of Down To Earth with Darin and Zac Efron. 



I'm not a Zac Efron fan —well, not till now. The series was intriguing but Darin's message was moving and while I'm health-minded, their travels and explorations made me more conscious to practice this even more. The message is moving. It seeks me to change. So I've begun to listen to Darin's podcast on Spotify. Follow along by clicking the link to be challenged by change.



One of the most sacred spots I have is my time on the water. I wake up around 4 something-ish to find myself doing some breathwork and hydrating my brain and body before heading to the beach for a two or three-mile paddle. It's the silence in the dawning morning and watching the rays of light colour the skies in shades of golds, pinks, blues, and reds. It's the way my paddle blade slices the water and the sound of the board moving along powered by my energy. It's the morning friends I see — the occasional shark or seal but more commonly the honu and various fish. It is my time to connect with the Earth, to ground down, it's where I feel closest to God. My God is not the one I find in a religious establishment but the creator of Heaven and Earth who has given me a task to be a good steward of all that is before me. I was lost but now I'm found. It feels good.



Comments

Popular Posts