Getting Naked...

going naked....


 Do you know that skin is the human body's largest organ? Funny we tend to forget about this fact. Adults carry some eight pounds (or 3.6 kilograms) and 22 square feet (which is 2 square meters) of it according to an article I read in National Geographic

I always knew that if you have health issues it usually shows up in your skin. For instance, when I use a shampoo/conditioner in the shower that my body doesn't quite agree with it shows up on the skin on my back. This leads me to do more research on the chemicals in our skincare and shampoos et cetera. After a while, I grew numb to this and because my job leads me to work in the beauty industry of sorts I ignored that. Not to mention I began to assimilate into what society deems as more acceptable and beautiful. I was once again doing acrylic nails, painting my toenails with nail polish, and using various synthetic chemicals created for perfumes and beauty products that claim to help me not age but are hormone disrupters and countless other things that are definitely not good for you.

I began to follow Darin Olien and listen to his podcast after watching Down to Earth with Zac Efron. It is an American web documentary series on Netflix. It stars Zac and Darin and revolves and focuses on themes of travel, life experience, nature, green energy, and sustainable living.  

My husband at this point would say "You're rambling." or "what are you trying to tell me?" But sometimes you can't just dump information on someone without explanation. So I apologize if I've already lost your attention but please bear with me. It's all relevant. 

On Darin's podcast his guest last week was Suzanne Sommers followed by Fatal Conveniences: AntiAging Skincare: The Youthfulness Scam. Have you seen pictures of Suzanne? She's rocking hot for 73 and she's doing it with her skincare line and speaking truths about the dangers of what you are putting in your body and on your largest organ. Whatever she's doing must be right because she's smoking! I just spent $50 bucks on nail dip powder with all these chemicals that I don't want I don't to put on my body anymore. So here it goes. I'm going through the beauty cabinets in my bathroom and office and tossing them. I'm not going to run out and buy something completely different just yet I'm going to make a slow transition. I took off the fake nails and nail polish. I'll finish up the skincare line I'm currently using and start to research better options. 

Here is a good place to start: 

EWG — EWG's Skin Deep cosmetic database gives people practical solutions to protect themselves and their families from everyday exposures to potentially toxic chemicals in personal care and beauty products. Skin Deep, launched in 2004, lists easy-to-navigate hazard ratings for nearly 70,000 products and 9,000 ingredients on the market. The U.S. government doesn't review the toxicity of products before they are sold and companies are allowed to use almost any ingredient they wish with regard for how safe they are.

I never recommend people to just jump in just because I believe so passionately about something. I learned this from doing and giving Reiki. Baby steps are best. Start where you feel comfortable and grow from there. Let your self-intuition guide you. You want to succeed. Not fail. Though some people learn more from failure. I happen to be one of those people. I learn every time I fail and I learn how to change to be better next time. But in reality, not everyone learns the same way so trust yourself. Trust the process and always be growing — and trying getting naked, your skin will probably thank you.

ps. be sure to share or subscribe and follow me on IG 


Comments

Popular Posts