Take it Back....

I cannot take credit for this piece but the words are worth sharing eloquent but simple and it's a lesson I've only come to realize after 47 years.

Take it back.


Some of us have been taught to blame and make others responsible for our pain. Sometimes this may be true, but... IT'S NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO FIX what they may have broken. Sucks, doesn't it? When that finally hit home for me, I hated life. I hated life because that just was not fair. I hated life because, no matter what, it was a waste of my precious time to sit and wait for the people I was blaming to change my circumstances. Waiting had me feeling powerless which made me furious. I had to take my power back from the people and circumstances that had more power over me than my own will. The gift of our power is to make something useful, great and fulfilling from the pain we endure. And I swear, the day will come when you take pleasure in your gift of transforming inevitable disappointment, betrayal and loss into...a life with much meaning and beauty. Do it once and you will NEVER, EVER give the responsibility of your happiness...to another soul... again. 

TAKE IT BACK! It's yours!
J

Jada Pinkett Smith



photo credit: Lucy Lucille


Comments

Popular Posts