Left Over Pumpkin?



Living on the mainland has reeked havoc on my skin. The summer heat drys out my skin and then the winter cold  drys it out as well. It's like getting a double whammy!  Here's three reasons  to love pumpkin: vitamin A- it aids cell turnover, antioxidant vitamin C- it brightens skin and evens pigmentation, and zinc- it has antibacterial effects.  Pumpkin also regulates oil production, reduces the appearance of pore size and protects your skin against free radical damage.

These recipes I use religiously in the winter; it's cost effective- cheaper than going to a spa for the same treatment and if you're like me it saves me time by doing it at home while I can multitask at home doing something else.  Plus it makes for a good laugh for my 8 year old!

You can always freeze the excess pumpkin you don't need till you're ready for it- I find that if I freeze it in ice cube trays then put in a freezer bag and take out what I need when I need it- works like a charm!


Pumpkin Facial (1 application)
Ingredients
2 tsp. pumpkin
½ tsp. honey
½ tsp. milk
¼ tsp. cinnamon spice
1. Mix everything together into a paste. Brush onto freshly cleansed skin. Let dry 15-20 minutes.
2. Rinse with warm water. Follow with serums and moisturizer.
Pumpkin Body Scrub (1 application)
Ingredients
½ c. cooked pumpkin, pureed
½ c. brown sugar
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Stand in tub or shower stall. Using a damp washcloth, scoop up a bit of mixture. Apply to body, starting with your feet and working your way up (avoid your face). Scrub gently using circular motions. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Comments

Popular Posts